Author Topic: flow hood  (Read 2107 times)

Offline shifabrains

• swanvalleygourmetfungi
flow hood
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »
[img][/img]
hopefully ive attached two pics of my flowhoods both from auctions and both $50 each.
im not a pheasant plucker im a pheasant pluckers son ill sit here plucking pheasants till the pheasant pluckings done

Offline Lau

Re: flow hood
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »
good score. The local DPI sold about 6 of them at the same price. I didn't buy any because I had nowhere to put them at the time :(

Offline NSF

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
Oh she is a beaut! 

Let me know if this kind of deal shows up again please.  Fantastic score.

Offline shifabrains

• swanvalleygourmetfungi
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
The smaller one was from a fertilty clinic the big one was from the dept of agriculture and same thing lau there were a few of them but nit enough space at my place. .
certainly is luxury working in front of one.
im not a pheasant plucker im a pheasant pluckers son ill sit here plucking pheasants till the pheasant pluckings done

Offline Fluffontheside

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:04:59 PM »
I picked one up from an auction in cairns. Had to pay the reserve which was 200$.
Cleaned and refurbished it seems to work ok. I now have to work out how to get it out of my wife's garage car space and into the house!

Offline shifabrains

• swanvalleygourmetfungi
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
Yep they are heavy.

Offline Morrie3

• Tall Trees and Mushrooms
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Yep they are heavy.
I'll second that.   Just moved mine yesterday using the forks on the tractor.

Offline Lau

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 07:31:02 AM »
I am now having good results in our new laboratory room, with a 1.2m standard flow hood (easier to move around).  I can just leave it on a few hours and not even have to work in front of it everything seems to stays clean in the air. Before I had to do lab work in areas also used for other things and that was the main problem at times. If I don't crash the lab this year I will keep the current system as I am worried these giant hoods will become a maintenance/space issue. Interested to learn your experiences with them cost wise

Offline NSF

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
Although mine is heavy and I've never shifted it, it's not really a space invader.  Mine is a modified extraction cabinet, so it's mostly vertical.  So the footprint is that of a small desk, in fact I have it sat atop a small desk.  I can't fit anything above it though but for me that was dead space anyway. 

You (and I should do the same thing) should really build a poly pipe frame around your hood and use pallet covers to make a small 'clean room'.