Author Topic: The most fabulous of fabulous crab recipes  (Read 512 times)

Offline Jo

The most fabulous of fabulous crab recipes
« on: May 07, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »
Imagine this, you just harvested 2lbs of oyster mushrooms and decide to saute it in in oil and butter with just two pinches of salt. People who grow mushrooms know how to bring out the unami or flavor of the mushroom they grow. You set this a side and remember the crab cakes that you sampled and bought at COSTCO. After much thought and meditation, you decide to make a pasta or spaghetti dish with the RAGU classic Alfredo sauce that you have been saving for that special occasion. Bake the frozen crab cakes from COSTCO like the direction says, 350 for 22 minutes, turn the oven off when its done and leave it there until the spaghetti noodles are ready. In a separate pot heat up the Alfredo sauce and mix in the pre cooked mushrooms. Keep in mind everything is seasoned and ready to go, so while sauteing your mushrooms, you don't want to over power it with salt, just enough to taste. Transfer the cook noodles from the boiling water directly into the Alfredo sauce, mix it up and serve it with two crab cakes on top. Wala, the best 5 star frozen meal ever created.

Offline NSF

• Administrator
Re: The most fabulous of fabulous crab recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:28 AM »
LOL, thanks for sharing.

I guess that's a recipe...although what went into the alfredo sauce?  Did you make it?

Offline Jo

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
The brand name of the Alfredo sauce is RAGU. The only thing that I did, was saute the mushrooms, boil the spaghetti noodles, baked the already made crab cakes and plated the dish. Easy peezy. Oh, I think I was drunk when I decided to share the recipe. I had a few glasses of whiskey on ice.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:54:27 AM by Jo »

Offline PaulPatrick

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 07:04:55 AM »
Imagine this, you just harvested 2lbs of oyster mushrooms and decide to saute it in in oil and butter with just two pinches of salt. People who grow mushrooms know how to bring out the unami or flavor of the mushroom they grow. You set this a side and remember the crab cakes that you sampled and bought at COSTCO. After much thought and meditation, you decide to make a pasta or spaghetti dish with the RAGU classic Alfredo sauce that you have been saving for that special occasion. Bake the frozen crab cakes from COSTCO like the direction says, 350 for 22 minutes, turn the oven off when its done and leave it there until the spaghetti noodles are ready. In a separate pot heat up the Alfredo sauce and mix in the pre cooked mushrooms. Keep in mind everything is seasoned and ready to go, so while sauteing your mushrooms, you don't want to over power it with salt, just enough to taste. Transfer the cook noodles from the boiling water directly into the Alfredo sauce, mix it up and serve it with two crab cakes on top. Wala, the best 5 star frozen meal ever created.

Thanks for the recipe. Will surely try this out as it seems yummy. Yes, while sauteing mushrooms, I always use very little salt.